Freelance Health Content Editor
Coordinates publication efforts through the editing, writing, indexing, and producing of health-related articles, e-books, and other web based materials.
Duties To Include:
● Reviews copy submitted by marketing team members.
● Edits material for accuracy, style and readability, recommending changes where necessary.
● Monitors and coordinates the photography, artwork, layout and preparation of the copy for publication.
● Writes articles and work in conjunction with other writers, assigns stories, and prepares news and general feature articles for publication.
● Might supervise other editors
● Oversees distribution of final work product (e.g. publishing of article to corporate blog).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Ability to cite and reference journal articles
● Ability to “fact check” any health or medical claims
● Skill in organizing work and meeting deadlines.
● Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications, including Microsoft Word and Apple Pages... add whatever we end up using.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English or related field AND four years of experience in editing, journalism or editorial research; OR, Eight years of progressively responsible experience in editing, journalism or
editorial research; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. 5+ years in the health,fitness, or supplement
If you believe you fit the requirements above, please send us your cover letter, resume and 3-5 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only PDF and Word documents will be accepted. Please note, all emails must have “Freelance Health Editor – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.